Manitowoc Marina (Salmon Tournament)
Saturday, September 7th
Our annual Salmon/Trout Tournament is back again!
No Membership is required to compete in our tournaments.
Entry fee's are $45 and Big Fish is $10.
Registration Deadline is by Friday September 6th @ 10:00 pm via TourneyX.
First Light: 5:52 am
Sunrise: 6:21 am
Mandatory Captains Meeting: 5:25 am next to boat launch in front of the Marina Store
Earliest Launch Time: 5:45 am (Must have light(s) to be on water while still dark).
Tournament Start Time: 6:00 am
Tournament end time: 2:00 pm.
Check-in: 2:45 pm.
All anglers who are not in the waiting line to check-in and have their fish measured by this time will be disqualified. You must check-in with a tournament director if you leave before a tournament ends.
Please note there is a launch fee for this marina.
Rule Amendments for Salmon tournament
1.State Licenses– All participants must posses a Great Lake Salmon/Trout Stamp in addition to the Wisconsin Fishing License.
2. Registration – Registration will be available on TourneyX.
3. Required Equipment - All participants are required to have a working GMRF/VHF radio.
4. Trolling/Fishing: Participants can have a maximum of 3 lines in use at any one time. Trolling is allowed using artificial lures only.
5. Token/Identifier – No token/identifier will be needed for this event. Each angler will have their fish measured by tournament directors who may use the assistance of the WI DNR for length verification if available.
6. Scoring/Culling - Once a fish is in your possession (on a stringer, cooler, on a rope, etc) it CANNOT be released. If a fish is not going to be kept to measure it must be IMMEDIATELY released. If you have caught 4 fish and want to Cull your 5th fish in hopes of a larger one, you may do this only if that fish is still alive and has not been in your possession for any length of time yet. A max of 5 fish can be caught, but only 3 fish will be used for scoring.
7. Safety - Safe boating and participation will be observed at all times. During competition, each participant is required to comply with all state boating and fishing laws. Anglers must wear a PFD at all times during each event. It is the responsibility of each participant to know and understand their own personal safety. If at any time the Tournament Directors feel that a participant is not being safe, does not have proper apparel or gear, or is exhibiting unsafe behavior or activity, they have the right to remove that participant from the tournament.
Sign up on TourneyX